The proprietary series built, hoist unit would be selected from our extensive range of units which have a worldwide reputation for reliability, modern design, safety and the very latest Electric Wire Rope Hoists manufacturing techniques.
- The modular design forms a very efficient, compact & visually aesthetic unit.
- The hoist transmission train is a direct drive type with no coupling.
- The rope drum is mounted in maintenance free bearings located within the hoist bearer frame. The drum is accurately machine grooved to accommodate the hoisting rope in one layer. And is designed to leave a minimum of 3 (three) turns on the drum when maximum lift height is reached.
- A rope guide is provided to prevent slack rope and to smoothly guide the rope onto the drum.
- The rope is securely attached to the drum with 3 (three) rope clips.
- The bottom hook block is of the safety type, having fully guarded deep grooved sheaves, running in sealed ball bearings. The hook is a forged steel single point “C” Type, mounted on a ball thrust race and fitted with a spring return safety catch.
The special non-rotating hoist rope is manufactured from high strength galvanised steel, the standard construction is 6×36+SES with a minimum factor of safety of 5:1. Over-hoist/over-lower limit switches are provided located within the hoist control panel. The electromechanical overload devise prevents the accidental lifting of loads over the safe working load whilst still allowing lowering.
The Hoist & Travel drive motors with integral brake are totally enclosed, fan cooled, squirrel cage induction type, having class “F” insulation with “B” temperature rise, tropicalized and climate proof with a minimum electrical protection of IP55. The motors are specifically designed for crane applications for use in aggressive environments, without the need for anti-condensation heaters.
The heavy duty totally enclosed, fail safe, disc brakes are automatically and instantaneously applied when the power supply is interrupted. Brake linings are asbestos-free. Electrical control of the complete hoist would be from floor level via a heavy duty, weather proof pendant control station suspended from the hoist. Galvanised tension relief cables to prevent damage to the electrical connections support the pendant. Robust hold-to-run, control buttons, one for each crane function, provide positive operation of all motions. An Emergency stop Button is also provided.
A watertight control panel forms an integral part of the hoist and contains the complete control systems, comprising electrically and mechanically linked contactors for each hoist motion.
Main and control circuit fuses, control circuit transformer c/w the necessary protection devices to provide reduced operation of the control circuits. The contactors are AC 4 duty for high inching & plugging duty.
A main current supply system would provide the power supply along the length of the runway. Consisting off a special galvanised ‘C’ type track systems with sealed ball bearing cable trolley’s carrying special flat Neoprene cables type NYNJ. All necessary fittings and supporting brackets to connect to the runway are provided. A high level terminal box would be provided at one end of the system, together with the necessary vertical cable, terminating in a low level, lockable Isolator switch, for mounting 1500 mm above grade, complete with a suitable gland to accept your incoming supply cable.
Prior to packing & protected for transportation, the hoist would be assembled in our workshops & fully inspected & tested, according to our standard testing procedure, which would include full dimensional and functional tests of all hoist operations including limit switches.